Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November TBR

A new month, a new stack of books! I'm the kind of girl that just buys a 'big' amount every now and then so I can read for a while (well, most times). I'll now present the books I've recently bought, although I said on Instagram  I was going to wait until I received my other books. Later I realized that I could already do it since I recently bought some books and I really wanted to update my blog. 
I'm planning on reading as much books as possible this month since I couldn't read a lot in October because of school. Let's just get started ha!


Pure by Jennifer L Armentrout

The first book I want to talk about is Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It's the second book in the Covenant series, the first one was Half-blood which I wrote a review on (Half-Blood Review). It's a series of 5 books and has two novella's. I started reading the series because of a good friend, Fien. She's also into the Jennifer L. Armentrout books and she said they were really good and that I should read them. And she's right! If you read Jennifer's books, read these! If not, read these! My friend also wrote a review on Half-blood but also on Pure and the review about the third book is on it's way. (Yeah, she's ahead of me. She contains so much information haha) So I recommend to go check out her blog: My Bookish Rambles by Fien
I'm already head into the book but school made sure I had to stop at page 37, thanks school I love you so (not). I can't tell too much about it because then I'll just spoil the fun! But I'm really excited to read on and to know what'll happen next with Alex and the others like Aiden. Mainly Aiden. But no spoilers. What does really attract me to the book is a sentence that's on the back of the book: 
"When the gods are involved, some decisions can never ever be undone."
Doesn't that sound promising? Then again Jennifer never disappoints. I like her books, easy reads, funny, some romance. What else must there be? 


Angelfall by Susan EE


Angels. It's my weakness. I... I can't explain it differently. The first book that got me into reading was about Angels. Ever since then books with Angels are my favorite ones! This series is also about Angels, logical because of the title right! It's also been recommended by Fien and I've read a lot of reviews that said it was absolutely amazing. I just went with it and bought the book and Oh Holy Alien Babies (saw what I did there? :D) the cover is absolutely stunning. I'm a person that likes to feel things, it's maybe weird. But it has these wings and they've got a feeling, like a texture or something and then I'm just totally happy. It feels good, it looks good and yes, they say it is good. It's again a series and it's the first book in a series of three. 
"It has been six weeks since the Angels returned to earth and destroyed the world as we know it. When they fly away with a helpless little girl, her sister Penryn will do anything to get her back." It sounds like it's going to be a whole adventure which I'm totally for. I've also read some bits and pieces in it because I couldn't contain myself (as usual) and from what I've read, it sounds very thrilling. I think the adventure will be underlined in this book and also finding her sister. I'm not sure if it'll be like that and I'll keep you guys posted! If anyone has some thoughts that they want to share about this book, please do!


"They have arrived..."



Because you'll never meet me by Leah Thomas

I got this book just today and it's kind of a funny story. I met up with two of my friends to go to the city so one of my friends could find a gift for his girlfriend. We went in two bookstores because my other friend likes to read too and we wanted to go inside. Nothing. Literally nothing in my hands when I came out because I said in myself: no. You just bought 3 books that are on the way. We went into another store, a media store. I'm so sorry wallet, I just couldn't contain myself. It's been on my list for some months now and I saw it, I grabbed it and I kind of screamed my friend's name. I was like: "Look! Look!" and yes, that's how I got this book. I think we've all had this before! Anyways what it's about: It's basically about two boys. One of the boys has a weak heart and now has a electronic pacemaker but the other boy is allergic to electricity. So they don't chat through WiFi or mail but just write letters to each other all the time, knowing they'll never meet because one of them would die if they did. Can you imagine? You have a friend but you can't meet because you can die or you lose your friend. But on the other hand you really want to see him! But that's not all there is to the story, their bond becomes stronger because both of them struggle with life. Losing a friend, being bullied in school. Those are things that'll come presented when you read the book. So I'm really excited because I got so many questions like "how did they meet?" "will they ever meet in real life?" "will both of them die because they think that's fair and then they did see each other before they died?" The latter doesn't sound all that logical but I'm bracing myself for a very emotional (positive or negative? I'll keep you posted!) book. But I'm so excited!

"There are truths you can only tell a stranger"


Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter 

The last book I want to announce in my November TBR is Alice in Zombieland. I've never heard of the writer before, I didn't find the book on Goodreads  but also this time the book has been recommended by someone I know. My niece, Marika, is also into books and this summer she was really hyped about this book series. The third book was coming out last September so she was talking about it and read the books again. She said "hey, you should definitely read these. They're good!" so yesterday, I went to their home to pick up my brother and sister and asked if I could lend the first book. I could see she was happy that I asked! And I'm happy that I asked because I read the first chapter and it is indeed good. She says it'll only get better. I'm curious if there are similarities with the Alice in Wonderland tale like you have Cinder and Scarlet that sometimes refer to Cinderella and Red Riding Hood. 
The back of the books says: "If anyone had told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that's all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone. Her father was right. The monsters are real. To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn't careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies." So it's about Zombies and I'm curious if I'll like that because I'm not
into Vampires either so I wonder if it'll go to the "appreciated in books"-side or the "rather not in books"-side. But like I said the first chapter is really good so it might say something about the rest of the book. And also... Can I just ask you to pay attention to that cover! Darkness and then you have Alice in a blue dress! And see those details around her! The back, which you can't see on here has a white rabbit (aha, first reference to Alice in Wonderland). And if you ditch the jacket, it's so nice. I like the simplicity of the hardcover without the jacket and the insides of the book have room for details. Another thing I like is the name of the series: "The White Rabbit Chronicles". I like the sound of that! As soon as the book is done, I'll write a review about it. So stay tuned!

"Off with their head"
"Hun koppen eraf"


So those were the four books I recently bought or am lending and which I'll hopefully finish this month! But there are 3 more books coming this way and I'm very excited about those too so if they're here I will talk about those. But for now I have enough books to entertain me for this November. If you have any recommendations or you just have something to say, don't hesitate to leave it in the comments. 



No comments:

Post a Comment