Monday, February 1, 2016

TBR of February

January has been a very productive month! I've read some more than in other months and that's a good thing! Sadly, I didn't read one of my TBR books I wanted to read in January: Bloodlines. So that book also comes in my TBR of the month! Also there's another Book Challenge which you can find: here 










Shadows by Paula Weston
The first book I want to talk about is Shadows by Paula Weston. I've had my eyes on this book for a while because I hope it's about angels. I think we've established it by now: I'm an Angel VS. Demon girl, I can't live without my flying creatures... 

Yet I feel like I already have read most of the good series about Angels and Demons! So I didn't want to start this series until I finished the series by Susan EE (Penryn and the end of days series). One angel-alike series at a time, Erica... 
So Yes, I can finally start this book and I hope it'll be as good as I have imagined and heard of. It has really good scores on Goodreads: a 4 out of 5 stars! 

It's about a girl who has lost her twin brother and tries to get closure but then... there comes a boy she's been dreaming of since that one tragic day, and he doesn't leave her life untouched. For a matter of fact, he turns her whole world, build on what was for her the truth, upside down. He ruins all for her by telling things about her brother and about herself. She doesn't know what to believe while she get's thrown in a whole new world. 

Doesn't that sound exciting? I'm also very curious to the author's writing style because I've never read any book by her. I did hear great things about her so yeah, I can't wait to dive in! 

Also if anybody has series about Angels, please, please leave it in the comments or contact me. I'm in need of more series about flying people that look beautifully unreal! 

GOODREADS

“Most stories are based on something real.” 



Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame

Another new author for me is Estelle Maskame. I came across this books while I was, as usual, checking out some books that I maybe wanted to read. And then I saw this, look. at. that. cover! Just look at it! It looks beautiful and so promising! But the plot does look good too...

The main female character goes spend the summer with her father and new family. Which means getting to know her 3 new step-brothers! And that doesn't really goes as planned. One of them has the biggest ego she's ever seen and speaking of an irritated mood... His friends show our female character around while he only tries to avoid her. What's his problem? And how does our female character feel about it? 

These questions hopefully will be answered in this book! I can't wait really, it seems such a feels-book and this cover. God, I just can't wait! I just... NEED! It's also a trilogy so I'm expecting a lot of feels and maybe even an open end. I'm really curious to where this book might lead. 


"Who the hell is this jackass?"


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins 
A while ago I read the first book in this trilogy, for the first time. So It's really time for me to read the second book in this series! I'm always curious to what similarities I'm going to find but also which differences in comparison with the film!

There isn't really much more to tell about this book because I'm pretty sure, we all know what this is about!  

GOODREADS

“I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.” 



And that ladies and gentleman, is my TBR-list for February! But I'm not so sure if I'll be able to follow this one because there are exciting releases coming this month! Such as THE POWER by Jennifer L. Armentrout and GLASS SWORD by Victoria Aveyard. Those are two books, I'm personally even more excited about because the first ones in these series were both SO, SO good! Are there any releases you guys are excited for?

No comments:

Post a Comment