Sunday, March 6, 2016

Birthday Haul

And it happened again! Yesterday (5th of March) was my birthday and I reached the age of 18. The age where I can finally drive a car, which I was looking forward to for ages! Well, I can't drive yet, tomorrow I'll take my theoretical exam and if I succeed then I can drive. And I can do other things that aren't as fun but more like boring such as voting. 

Yet this post is not about what I can and can't do at this age but about what I got for my birthday. And big surprise, it were books! And the books I had listen on my birthday list. So this post will be about all the books I got and why I wanted them! 

First of all, Nina. She's a very good friend of mine and she gave me two books. Nina, if you read this thanks again! She gifted me the Alienates series by Melissa Landers. A series that's been on my book list for quiet a while now and she gave these books to me. Thanks again!

I just want to underline that I absolutely love the cover! I adore it! Both of the covers actually! And if you take of the jacket the books are a nice full blue and the other a very warm reddish-purplish. For anyone who doesn't know the series, or never heard of it before let me give you a quick summery on what the first book is about...


Aliens finally made contact with earth and our main character, Cara Sweeney, is one of the chosen exchange students. She soon will be sharing a bathroom with one of the L'eihrs. Not only that, she'll also know so much information that others will never know because they weren't chosen. 
The humans and Aliens share a nearly identical DNA but when she meets Aelyx she's not so sure if that statement is the truth. Soon she finds herself getting really close to the alien while other students are fleeing because they're aliens. Above that Cara gets many threatening notes, the only question that remains is who they're from and if that person is human or alien...

I'm really looking forward to this story because it's about aliens! I only read one alien series and that was the Lux-series by Jennifer L. Armentrout so I'm really excited to get into aliens again and find out if I enjoy it as much as Jennifer L. Armentrout's Daemon.


Then there are the presents of my parents, sister and brother. Many books are follow-ups in a series such as Apollyon (4th in the Covenant series - Jennifer L. Armentrout), Torn (2th in the Trylle series - Amanda Hocking), Haze (2th in the Rephaim series - Paula Weston). Those are books I just couldn't wait on getting my hands on but I waited, patiently and here they are! Of course I can't wait to get into it! Because I already know that they're great books, of great series! 

Another book that's a follow-up in a series is Did I Mention I Need You? By Estelle Maskame. A while ago I wrote a review on the first one in this DIMILY-series: Did I Mention I Love You? 
I was absolutely pleased with the story that ended abruptly and not the way I wanted it to go. So of course I'm more than happy that I have the second book now! I can't wait to dive into it and above that, fall in love all over again! 

Eden goes all the way from Portland to Santa Monica to spend the summer with her father. The man who left her and her mother three years ago and never let anything hear of him. Then all of a sudden, he called her and gave her the opportunity to spend the summer with him and his new family. Eden accepted to offer, but not for her dad. She thought it could give her a way more awesome summer there than in stupid, boring Portland. 
But as she arrives there and meets with one of the three stepbrothers, she isn't as convinced this is going to be as awesome as she thought. Taylor is short tempered, has an ego to big for his head and drives her completely insane! Yet she can't deny that she doesn't find him interesting. Soon Eden gets caught up in a lot of drama and the masks eventually fall, revealing all sorts of secrets but also creates a whole lot of new lies and secrets... It might not be an awesome summer, it is at least an interesting one. 



So this was the synopsis of the first book and I can only be very excited for the second book and how things will be going now! Who'll be keeping secrets and who'll be causing drama... 

That said, there are 3 more books to go. Well 2 and a book box! A book I won't be talking a lot about in here is The Deepest Cut by J. A. Templeton because I already finished this book yesterday and a review will be coming online one of these days. So stay tuned and also know that I was very happy with this book! It scared me as much as it surprised me and I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. It's also the first in a trilogy so I still have 2 books before it's all over. 

Next is my first Coho read! I have many books by Colleen Hoover on my TBR list and Books I Want list and finally I'll be reading one. One that I've heard many, many good things about and has excellent rating (4.37 stars): Maybe Someday. Here is the short synopsis from Goodreads: 

At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her—and she’s forced to decide what her next move should be.
Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbor, Ridge. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

Doesn't it sound exciting? Speaking of exciting the last books I want to talk about is the book box that I got... The Selection Box by Kiera Cass! Yes, I am finally getting into the selection! 

I heard many great things about the books, and many have recommended it to me. I had seen them earlier in a box around December but they were in Dutch and I was like... hmm I don't know! Then I found them on Bol.com in English and I was like "Hell Yeah!" and now I can read them because I got them from my parents. 

Also my grand-mother came to pay a visit even though she was very sick! So thanks for coming! She also gave me a book that seems very interesting: Lady of the Light by Donna Gillespie. In Dutch it's called Auriane, and can I just point out that I really like that name? 

It's a book that has nearly a 1000 pages and is about a girl that is destined to be a fighter and to stop the curse that's been threatening a family. Yet things don't go as planned and Auriane gets stopped by Romans and brought to the arena where she falls in love with a Roman who seems to have a lot of secrets of his own... 

I am really interested in that book because it's in the time of the Romans and I really like that time. Well, I'm interested in it! I think it was a very hard time for all the gladiators and such but still... There's great architecture! 


These were all the books that I got for my birthday and I want to say a speciale thank you again to my parents, sister, brother, grandmother and Nina, my friend! Thank you all very much for the books where I'll be spending time with for the rest of these coming months! 

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment