Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Belated Book haul

It's been a while since I have done a book haul, so I thought it was about time to do one! Also, I bought these books in September, which means I'm running late with this post but doing it anyway! Beginning of September, I was still home because I didn't have any school until the 20th so I had time to kill with reading. Yet we all know what happens when a bookaddict becomes bored... yep, you start checking out books! 

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Now my eyes fell on a book I've been looking at for a while: Me Before You, and it wasn't until this time around that I saw there was a huge discount on it! So of course I wanted to buy it but there was one problem: they don't charge extra money when you have €20 euros in total... and I had a book on discount...

Of course you could say, so? Pay extra! But if you use my "bookaddict theory", you'll see why that is a bad thing! Either you buy 1 book and pay! Or you buy 2-3 books and get it for free. Oh, god this is actually such illogical theory! Obviously I pay more with the latter... but hey, it works for my bookmind so why not?! The conclusion of all this is just that I bought Me Before You (along with some more books). This book also turned into a huge movie, which I adored, but for the ones that don't know the story here is the synopsis of the book!

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


I've heard a lot of good things about this book and I also watched the movie. I know, I should've read the book first and I planned to but I just really wanted to see the movie and I didn't have the book until now so it just happened...? Anyway, I'm expecting a lot! I have pretty high expectations, it's something I haven't experienced in a while so I hope it won't disappoint me. Although I highly doubt that!

"You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible."


Dash and Lily's book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Another book I bought to get to my €20 total, was a book that was recommended to me by a friend. Her exact words were: "I LOVED this book omg! I didn't know if I was going to like it that much but OH MAN!" which means my expectations became a bit higher! 

Apparently it's set in winter which would make it the perfect winter read but, well it's fall and getting colder so I think it'll also make the perfect fall read! Also, if you didn't know the book, I'll tell you a little bit about it:


Lily left a notebook full of dares onto the shelves in a bookstore and she hopes that that way, a boy will get to it. And not just any boy but really the right guy! It's filled with dares that he needs to do and the guy who found it is Dash. The only question remaining is: is he the right guy? Or is this just a lovely time of doing the dares, sharing dreams and then wrap it up and they'll forget about it? 

Who knows right? I'm really excited for this read because I think it sounds pretty romantic to leave a book with dares behind for someone to find! Above that, my friend loved it a lot which can only mean good things since we're into the same kind of books. I'm really looking forward into reading this! "

"I want to believe there is a somebody out there for me. I want to believe that I exist to be there for that somebody."

The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan 

Guess what? I still needed €2 euro to get no charge! And then I started to think ahead! Also this year I wanted to have a great Christmas read and look what I found?! This book didn't get published until October so that meant I only needed to hold myself for 2 months instead of 3 before reading it. This adventure concluded itself with me preordering the book!



Now I'm not going to tell you the synopsis because it's the second part in the series about Dash and Lily so who knows? Is this a book where they're together? Apart? Finding each other again? Dead? The latter maybe is a bit over-dramatic, although I don't know! I'm really leaving things in between because I don't want to spoil you guys, but when Christmas is there and the atmosphere is cold and not enjoyable, I'll be here with a review to warm y'all up or make you all colder because it was bad. (I'm hoping the former!)

And that's how I had a price over €20 euros but with two books that were on a discount and one book that I would've bought anyway for the Christmas time! Yet a bit later, I got another discount! And it was only usable until the beginning of October so I bought books... again.

The Distance From Me to You by Marina Gessner

This time there's a book that contains adventure! It's also a book that has been standing on my "books I want list" for a very long time, I think over a year. When I was in the bookstore in Ghent I had seen it in Dutch and I really felt like it was time to get it. And I got it...


McKenna Berney is a lucky girl. She has a loving family and has been accepted to college for the fall. But McKenna has a different goal in mind: much to the chagrin of her parents, she defers her college acceptance to hike the Appalachian Trail from Maine to Georgia with her best friend. And when her friend backs out, McKenna is determined to go through with the dangerous trip on her own. While on the Trail, she meets Sam. Having skipped out on an abusive dad and quit school, Sam has found a brief respite on the Trail, where everyone’s a drifter, at least temporarily.

Despite lives headed in opposite directions, McKenna and Sam fall in love on an emotionally charged journey of dizzying highs and devastating lows. When their punch-drunk love leads them off the trail, McKenna has to persevere in a way she never thought possible to beat the odds or risk both their lives.


I really love books like this. I would never go on a trip by myself like this character but in a way I do but then through a book ;-). I'm really curious to where this book will lead, especially because they'll get off the trail. Will it make them closer? Or will they irritate each other? Who knows! The book just really caught my attention as well as with the plot as with the cover. 

"Wild meets Endless Love"

When We Collided by Emery Lord

Another book that had caught my attention by its cover! It has 3.85 on Goodreads which to my opinion still is a lot so I have some expectations. The theme in this book is also something I'd totally read...

Two teenagers both meet in summer. Their summer changes forever. Neither of them expected anything like this and also didn't expect to meet a person like this. Yet things will not always go as smoothly, the past will catch up and old wounds will be opened. Meeting one another will change their lives forever. 

Past catching up? Old wounds reopened? YES! That is my thing... I really love to read books like this because most of the time people get stronger out of it. I don't know if the book here will show us the same but I will see. Since it is my theme I am having a bit higher expectations than I already had.

"Two teens find that when you collide with the right person at just the right time, it will change you forever."

This concludes my belated book haul! Of course, each of these books will receive a review and so we will see if they were worth it or not. If you still have book recommendations, don't hesitate to drop them in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment