Saturday, January 2, 2016

TBR of January

First of all I want to wish everybody a happy (late) new year! I hope this year will bring you both joy and happiness, a good health and I hope all your dreams may come true! And of course, why not wish a year full of books?! 
With Christmas passing by and New year that just happened, I got some new books. I still have around 10 books to read and I already pre-ordered other books. Anyone who might be on Goodreads knows that there is a 'book challenge' and also this year I'm participating. 

Last year I said I'd read 20 books because I just started to enjoy reading again and who knows, maybe it was just a bypassing hobby? But it wasn't! So I went up to 40 books and at the end of 2015 I read 65 books. This year I'll start with 30 books because I feel like this year will be very busy. We'll see where it'll be heading? What about you guys, how many books would you like to have read at the end of 2016? 


The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson 

The first book that I'll read in the year 2016 is The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. I really wanted this book so badly! The cover is stunning and the Dutch hardcover even has a special feeling to it! Sadly, there are no hardcovers with this cover but I really wanted to read the book in English. I already started in this book and to be fair, I don't mind that it's not a hardcover. I'm enjoying this book a lot! And it's also very 'floppy' so easy to read. For the people who don't understand what I mean with floppy, the book'll just lay open without you having to hold it open... Does that make things clearer?So thanks mom and dad for the present!

Basically it's about a girl that has lost her sister and is grieving. She finds comfort with her sister's boyfriend but on the other hand, the new boy in town brings her something else she needs. She's torn between those two boys and her own sadness that she doesn't know what to do.

I'm also already picking a side. Does anybody have that too? When there are two boys involved, you pick a side and hope they'll end up together but then might change your mind because why not? For me it won't be the sister's boyfriend... It's not that I don't like him because what I can see now, they really find comfort with each other which I think is what they both really need. The new boy though, has something special that I can't describe yet. But I'm really curious how this story will develop itself! 


Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Next on my TBR list is the third book in the Covenant Series. I've been putting it on hold for a long time and I honestly don't know why. It may be because I feel I'll be torn in this book between two boy sides.

This series is about gods and goddesses and an extraordinary girl. And as in every book there is the boy she loves but can't have! 

I don't want to talk about it too much because it's the third book and it'll spoil so much! I do have a review on the first book which you can find here: Half-blood. I recommend the series and to be really honest, I recommend almost every book by Jennifer L. Armentrout because they're always thrilling, they have romance and funny bits in them. Her writing style is very fluently and I never manage to put the book down once I start in it! 


End of Days by Susan EE
I uploaded a review on the second book in this trilogy two days ago. And this month it's time to say goodbye to this series by reading the last book. I hope it'll be good but I think it'll be even better than that! I enjoyed the first book a lot because of the characters really.

The characters aren't helpless in this angel apocalypse. For example the main character, Penryn, she's strong and knows how to handle all sorts of weapons. She'll go to the end of the world to find her sister and there isn't a moment where she stops and cries. She goes out there, steps into war to go find Paige because she means everything to her. It's thrilling and mind blowing! 

The second book was even better than that, because there were still developments in the way the characters behave which I was very fond of! So, very curious to were this ending will lead... I've got all sorts of hopes and dreams according to this book!  

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Another present, one that I got from my niece! I've never read any books by this author but I have heard really great things about her. If I'm not mistaking, she wrote Vampire Academy and those books have already been recommended to me. 

I don't really know what to expect from it because I have a feeling this is about vampires and I've never read any book that had vampires in it. This is what the back says: 

Sydney's blood is special. That's because she's an alchemist - one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. But the last encounter Sydney had with vampires got her in deep trouble with the other alchemists. And now with her allegiences in question, her future is on the line.

When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the unlikeliest of places: a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. The last thing Sydney wants is to be accused of sympathizing with vampires. And now she has to live with one.

The Moroi court believe Jill and Sydney will be safe at Amberwood Prep, but threats, distractions, and forbidden romance lurk both outside - and within - the school grounds. Now that they're in hiding, the drama is only just beginning.


So yes, I'm looking forward to read this book! Mostly because it's something 'new' and something to be excited about. 
And for the moment these are the only books that I'll start in January. I don't know how busy this month will be but if it's calm (which I'm hoping on) I'll read: Finding Sky by Joss Stirling, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and another book by Jandy Nelson but only if there is time for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment