Monday, January 18, 2016

End of days

On my TBR list was also the end of this Angelfall-series: End of days by Susan EE. Can we all take a minute to listen to what I have to say? I declare this book, the best of all 3 books in this trilogy! I am so happy that my friend Fien recommended this amazing Trilogy!


Penryn is worried to what has happened to her sister. As she sets off in search of answers, a startling revelation about the past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all. Both humans and angels are in danger and both are trying to run from what might happen. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? The human race might even become nothing more than history while the Angels are debating what to do next. Also Penryn feels that the end of days is nearing but she also must choose: Run or run toward her own kind and fight with them one last time? 

This review won't be very long only because I feel like I can only spoil things. It's the conclusion to this trilogy and I don't think I wanted that! It's the end people, it's done now I've read this but I can tell you that this is the best Angel-alike series that I have read in a very, very long time. And the book went out with a bang! 

The characters are still the same. We still have the very strong Penryn and her fighting skills, which I still adore! Her fighting skills and instinct to stay alive and find her sister really made this an unique read. I like it when authors use strong women that don't always need help from others. Penryn is therefore the best idol for many teenagers, well at least she is for me! 
I did miss her mom a bit in the beginning! When she finally came during some parts I was totally freaked out because her mom was acting crazy. In the other books she either was absent or more lovable but here she was a mix of all kind of things. I still love her mother though! She might have been crazy at times (in either a positive or negative way, I let you fill in the dots) but I did like it that she was part of this book. In many other books the parents are always absent going on 'trips'. Her mother really contributed to the story, although that's how I see it. 
As for her sister Paige, she really surprised me in this book. When I thought she was going to go as crazy as her mother because there are crazy times, she did it differently. I can't go into detail too much but let's just say I did like her. 

The angels... they were as perfect as always! This might be by angel-obsessed side talking now... But next to my crazy side, I've felt many emotions. The plot was amazing and the end battle as they call it was... Stunning. Amazing. Beautiful. I can't use one word to describe it and yes, the end really left me speechless! 

I think it's clear that I really, really recommend this book to everyone who wants strong characters and an emotional, thrilling loaded plot! I can't believe this is the end though... It's over you know, I need to find another book series with Angels because it's over. I wish there were more books in this series but then again at some point it must get to an end! This series gave it all to me, I'm glad I read it! Thanks Fien for recommending! 

“Power is best held by the ones who don’t want it.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment