Monday, January 11, 2016

Deity

So I finally got to the third book in the covenant series: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout! It has been laying on my shelf for a month and I honestly can shoot myself in the head. This book has so much and did so many things to me on a whole new level! 

If you haven't read any books in this series I recommend you do because Holly Daimon Babies, it's so addicting! I hated the fact that I couldn't get any further into it... School has me wrapped around the neck like a snake, but luckily the weekend arrived and I had more time to read in this amazing, thrilling book! There is so much more to discover in this book but I don't want to get to detailed because then spoilers would slip out. So I'm staying very superficial but if you'd like to read the review to the first book: Half-blood or the second book: Pure


Ever since the second book a hell of a lot went down. Back to the Covenant secrets begin to develop and mysterious acts start to enroll. Alexandria has many doubts to what to do and who to trust, especially after everything that happened. 
After all the loss she has felt through the past months and past events she's struggling more and more with who she is and what will become of her in the future. She gets support of a lot of people but can't deny that many are avoiding her. While she struggles with the new behavior, more mystery seeps in and starts to shake up the covenant. Alexandria is caught between love and fate, truth and lies. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once secrets are being revealed, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changes... and destroyed.

Can we all just take a moment and appreciate Jennifer L. Armentrouts' writing skills? She keeps me on the tips of my toes with joy but at the same time with despair. I had so many emotions during this book that went from loving to irritation and back. 


After the second book being full with action, romance, suspicion, thrill and so much more I thought this couldn't get any better... But it did! I haven't felt more irritation toward one of the characters in a lifetime but I really enjoyed the characters presence because of another book. Let's just say that this character was pushing my buttons to the limit but I'm still irrevocably happy with him. Which is so bad of me because this character was not how this character should've be! 

The characters in general were still very alike but I did see many developments. Especially towards Alex because I think she's under a lot of pressure and it makes her do stupid things which we already know about her but the way she handles it is different. It did give her another spotlight on her, she's a lot more different that I originally thought. What was supposed to be the all tough girl seemed now the all though girl into another perspective. Which is something positive!

I also was very happy that we got to see more of a particular side character for reasons I can not tell... I just loved it that he/she was more involved and that we saw the side character grow and develop him/herself to a whole new level. To me, I saw a big change in his/her behavior and I was so happy that it happened because I was doubting the character and its intentions in the first two books. 

We also discovered some things that were left unanswered at the end of the second book which I was a great fan of. But if I want to explain that, I'd spoil. There are so much more things I want to tell but can't because of the spoiler alert so I won't tell. Only that this book was a lot more different than I had imagined and that in a good way. It still surprised me and got me in all sorts of moods! I'm eager to read the fourth book in this series but I'm thinking it's time for a novella of this series first. 

"Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than fate..."





No comments:

Post a Comment